Home made pesto is far better than shop bought. You can use more of your favourite flavour, get the texture just how you like it and it’s all fresh ingredients. It is very easy to make and ingredients are available in your local supermarket or if you have a herb garden, even better!
I made this delicious pesto using fresh basil, garlic and juice of fresh limes. I added some nutritional yeast to give it a slightly cheesy taste and extra vitamin B12.
Pesto is so versatile, you can use it on pizza, in pasta or as a dip. It will keep in the fridge for up to 7 days… but I bet you can’t make it last that long 😃.
Please follow or subscribe to our page for more delicious recipes.
Simple Vegan Green Pesto
- 30 grams basil chopped
- 70 grams pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- Place all the ingredients exept the salt into a blender and blend for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and blitz with a hand blender to make extra smooth.
- Add salt to taste and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days unopened.
- Add more oil to the top to prevent discolouring.