Scrambled tofu is very easy to make and is a perfect alternative to scrambled egg. I love it with just a little turmeric and salt as I was never really a huge fan of eggs, but if you are missing that ‘eggy’ taste you can use black salt which gives it a slight egg taste.
We enjoy this on toast, as part of a fry up and it’s great stirred into fried rice. I use silken tofu as I think the texture is perfect for this dish and it breaks down nicely with a fork, but any tofu will work.
If you are taking part in #nomeatmay and worried about missing your scrambles eggs in the morning – I definitely recommend trying this… you will not be disappointed!
- 1 300g pack silken tofu
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp oil
- black pepper to taste
- Put the turmeric and salt into the tofu.
- Mash altogether so the tofu is a crumbly texture.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the tofu.
- Fry, stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- Add black pepper to taste.