Our boys love noodles and will eat them for breakfast, dinner and tea if I let them. Because of this, I always have a few packs of different noodles to hand for quick easy comforting noodle dishes. I have a few packs of ramen noodles, vermicelli noodles and straight noodles for various different dishes.
One of our favourites are the brown rice ramen noodles by King Soba ( #kingsobanoodleculture ). They are so tasty and you wouldn’t think they were gluten free as they hold together perfectly in saucy dishes.
We use these all the time in ramen, but yesterday we had just come back from a walk and I had hungry children and husband so no time to make a ramen. I was going to make a quick stirfry but the boys were asking for ramen noodles, so I decided to make stir-fried ramen noodles which everybody loved.
These noodles were perfect in a stirfry and they soaked up the flavours nicely. I stir fried the vegetables on a wok and cooked the noodles separately to keep the textures. I then added the sauce to the vegetables, and stirred in the cooked noodles. Please see the recipe below.
I hope you are all having a relaxing Sunday! Now I will be making some samosas… please subscribe if you wish to see updates and new recipes!
Quick Ramen Noodle Stir Fry
- 1 pack ramen noodles
- water to cook noodles
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 thumbsize piece ginger grated
- 2 tbsp gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 100 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chilli paste
- 400 grams chopped vegetables of choice (we used 1 onion sliced, 2 carrots sliced, mange tout, halved mushrooms) (measurements are rough guide – more or less depending on vegetables)
- scallions to garnish
- Heat the oil in a wok.
- Make the sauce by mixing together the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame oil and stock and set aside.
- Add the chilli paste to the wok and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetables to the wok and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Whilst stirfrying the vegetables, cook your ramen noodles according to packet instructions (I boil for four minutes).
- Stir the sauce and noodles into the vegetables in the wok and stir fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Garnish with scallions.