After being furloughed in April, I have now been asked to return to work. So this week is my first week back at work, although working from home so still keeping safe.
With the boys still doing their home Schooling, I have been juggling planning their Schoolwork, making meals, working full time and exercise, and I am now getting into the swing of things. One thing I have learned through being furloughed is my priority is keeping my family safe, healthy and happy, I am making sure this continues.
We have been enjoying the Schoolwork this week and been quite creative with it. My friend told me about duolingo too which is a languages app so we signed up and have had fun each day learning French together – and Simeon even had a go at Japanese! He has been learning how to write words and letters and teaching me which is fantastic.
Making quick yet tasty and nutritious lunches has been my challenge this week. It started off difficult as I spent my whole lunch hour on Monday making lunch and was then eating while working so felt as though I didn’t really get a break… but as the week has gone on I have got to grips with the new way of cooking.
Having a stash of King Soba Brown Rice Ramen Noodles in the cupboard has been great, as they only take a few minutes to cook and will go with anything – just because they are ramen noodles, they don’t have to purely be used in ramen. Be brave and break the noodle rules!
This curry with ramen noodles was a delicious lunch today. I made the curry in advance, and then at lunch time just cooked the noodles, re-heated the curry and mixed together. So easy and we had plenty of time left for exercise!
I was going to make a mushroom and leek curry originally, but then decided to add chickpeas for added protein, then more ingredients were added… then I fancied noodles, so these went in too! It worked perfectly. I hope you enjoy!
Creamy Coconut Curry with Ramen Noodles
- 1 pack brown rice ramen noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium leeks chopped
- 1 medium red pepper diced
- 1 thumbsize piece ginger grated
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 birdeye chillies diced
- 250 grams mushrooms sliced
- 1 tin chickpeas drained
- 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp curry powder of choice
- 1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin coconut milk
- handful chopped kale
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pan.
- Add the onion, leek and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes until the vegetables start to turn soft.
- Stir in the garlic, ginger, chillies, mushrooms, chickpeas and ground spices and cook for another 3 minutes stirring.
- Turn down the heat and add the chopped tomatoes, coconut milk and kale and stir.
- Allow everything to simmer over a low heat for 10 minutes while you cook your noodles according to pack instructions.
- Stir in the cooked noodles, add salt to taste and serve.