Spiced Up Beans
These beans are delicious with plant based sausages for breakfast or on toast! You can use any tinned beans.
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder (optional)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tin haricot beans / borlotti beans (you can use any beans of choice)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the onions and garlic
- Fry for around 5 minutes over a low heat.
- Add the herbs, spices, vinegar and haricot beans and cook for a further minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook over a low heat for around 10 minutes.
- Add salt to taste and serve.