Bombay Roast Potatoes
Crispy roast potatoes coated in tasty fragrant spices. These bad boys are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside and they are perfect with a curry – but we would even have them with a Sunday roast! We like to add all the left over spice mixture to the roasting tin with the potatoes as it adds to the crispy texture.
- 1 kilogram baby potatoes cut in half
- water to boil potatoes
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 1/2 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 6 cloves garlic (3 sliced finely and 3 left whole)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- fresh coriander
- Place the potatoes in a pan with water and boil for around 10 minutes until just cooked.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 degrees c.
- Pour the oil into a roasting tin and place into the oven.
- Place the potatoes into a colander and shake a little to fluff the edges.
- Put the potatoes into a bowl and add all the spices and salt and mix well.
- Carefully remove the roasting tin from the oven and add the potatoes and all the left over spices including the whole garlic.
- Roast for around 45 minutes (until crispy) turning half way through.
- Serve with fresh chopped coriander.