Bhindi (Okra) Masala
We love okra – it is packed with nutrients and vitamins and is so delicious. In this dish we bought frozen ready chopped okra from Tesco for an easy midweek side dish. We had this with our potato and broccoli curry but you can enjoy with any meal or as a main.
- 300 grams frozen chopped okra (we bought this from Tesco – £1)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 red onion chopped
- 4 fresh vine tomatoes chopped
- 5 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 thumbsize piece ginger grated
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- salt to taste
- Fry the okra and onion in oil for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and all the spices and stir fry for a further 7 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato puree and add salt to taste.