Curried Cauliflower Soup
A healthy, lightly spiced soup guaranteed to warm you up.
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 head cauliflower (approx 500 grams) (you can use frozen)
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and fry the cumin seeds for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic and onion and continue frying for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, cauliflower, turmeric and curry powder and cook until the cauliflower is cooked (around 10 minutes).
- Blend using a hand blender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with home-made gluten free croutons.