Broccoli & Kale Soup
This super healthy soup is thick and filling. It is slightly tangy from the ginger and lime and has a little kick.
- 1 litre organic vegetable stock made with 2 stock cubes (we use Kallo)
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 inch piece ginger chopped
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1/2 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- 500 grams broccoli cut into florets
- 200 grams kale
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the stock, spices, onion and broccoli in a large pan.
- Bring to the boil and reduce the heat to simmer for 13 minutes until broccoli is cooked.
- Add the kale and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Blend with a hand blender.
- Stir in the lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.