This delicious sauce can keep in the fridge for 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Vegan Cheese Sauce
This cheese sauce can be used as a dip with nachos or chopped carrot and celery sticks for a healthy snack or alternatively, it will make a delicious mac & cheese meal. If you are avoiding oil just replace this with a little more milk and you have the ultimate healthy cheese made from nothing but goodness.
- 360 grams Potatoes peeled and diced
- 135 grams Carrots peeled and diced
- 125 ml Milk of choice (I use Koko)
- 30 grams Nutritional yeast
- 20 grams Good quality olive oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 0.5 tsp Salt
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 0.5 tsp Onion granules / powder
- Peel and chop the potatoes and carrots and boil together until they start to soften.
- Just before the potatoes and carrots are fully cooked add the two garlic cloves chopped in half to the boiling potatoes and carrots and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Strain the potatoes, carrots and garlic and place into a food blender.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- If you like a kick to your cheese you can add a little paprika at this point but just add a little at at time to taste.