Creamy Gnocchi with Kale & Mushrooms
This is a satisfying, creamy dish made with plenty of kale and mushrooms making it plentiful of vitamins and fibre. You can make your own gnocchi or use shop bought – check the packaging for vegan / gluten free versions.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 250 grams mushrooms sliced (we used chestnut)
- 100 ml stock (we used Kallo mushroom stock)
- 50 ml plant-based cream (we use Alpro)
- 50 ml plant-based milk (we use Koko)
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary & thyme (or 1 tbsp each dried)
- 200 grams kale roughly chopped
- 1 pack (or around 400 grams) gluten free vegan gnocchi
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onion for around 3 minutes over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic, mustard and mushrooms and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir the stock, cream, milk and rosemary / thyme into the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the kale and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- When you add the kale, start to cook the gnocchi in a separate pan according to pack instructions – usually cooks for around 5 minutes in boiling water until the gnocchi floats for a minute.
- Add the drained gnocchi to the creamy mixture and give everything a stir.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.