Hot & Sour Soup
A warming Indo-Chinese hot and sour soup packed with healthy vegetables.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 birdeye green chillies chopped
- handful green beans chopped
- 1 thumbsize piece ginger grated
- 7 mushrooms chopped
- 2 carrots grated
- 1/2 medium red chilli sliced
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar or rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp gluten free soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp cornflour made into slurry with 1 tbsp water
- handful spinach chopped
- 6 spring onions / scallions chopped
- Heat oil in a large pan and add onion, garlic, green chillies and green beans.
- Fry over a medium heat stirring regularly for 5 minutes.
- Add the ginger, rest of the vegetables (not the spring onions), red chilli, vinegar, soy sauce, agave nectar and stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the slurry and spinach and simmer for two more minutes stirring regularly to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Stir in the spring onions and turn off the heat.
- Add salt to taste.