Creamy Coconut & Kale Dahl
This mild nutritious dish is delicious with brown rice or on it's own.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 medium red chillies chopped
- 1 tsp fenugreek powder
- 300 grams red lentils washed
- 1 inch piece ginger grated
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp garam masala
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 1 can coconut milk
- 100 ml passata or chopped tomatoes
- 200 grams kale washed a chopped
- handful coriander to garnish
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry cumin seeds and mustard seeds until they start to pop.
- Add onion, garlic, chillies and fenugreek and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add lentils, ginger, turmeric and garam masala and cook for two more minutes.
- Add the stock, coconut milk and passata and simmer until lentils are cooked (around 25 minutes).
- Add the kale to the pan and cook for 2 more minutes and stir in coriander and salt to taste.