Vegan Banana Bread
Slightly spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg, and sweet with vegan chocolate chips – this gluten free, vegan banana bread is extremely moreish.
- 50 ml olive oil
- 4 medium very ripe bananas (black bananas are perfect)
- 100 grams dark brown sugar
- 225 grams gluten free bread flour or plain flour (we used Doves Farm GF Bread Flour)
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg (you can use mixed spice)
- 40 grams vegan dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Heat oven to 190 Degrees C (Fan) / 210 Degrees (non Fan) and line a loaf tin.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with the oil and brown sugar.
- Stir in the flour.
- Add the baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips if using.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, checking occasionally.
- Check the bread is cooked by inserting a skewer and making sure it comes out clean.
- Delicious straight from the oven… but also good when cooled if you can resist temptation.