This salsa goes with most dishes. It has a spicy, tangy kick and we eat it with various meals and on it's own as a dip. The best tomatoes to use are vine-ripened, but any are fine. We also buy green bird-eye chillies from our local grocer and put them in the freezer, taking a few as and when needed.
Servings: 4 people
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes chopped finely
- 1 large yellow or red onion
- 2 cups coriander
- 1 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin if possible)
- 1 tbsp lemon or lime juice (depends on preference)
- 3 green birdeye chillies chopped finely
- 1 tsp salt
- Put the tomatoes, onion and coriander in a bowl and mix well.
- Put the olive oil and lime juice in a separate dish.
- Use a pestel and mortar or a rolling pin to crush the chillies and salt together.
- put the chilli / salt mixture in with the olive oil and lime juice and mix well.
- pour dressing over the tomato mixture and give everything a good stir.