Vegan Burrito Bowl
Packed with nutrients, this mexican dish is easy to make and is versatile. Loved by us in a bowl, and by the children in a wrap.If you are making a wrap, once assembled and wrapped toast in a frying pan for around 30 seconds to make it slightly crispy.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pack firm tofu cut into 2 cm chunks (press for 10 minutes before prepping)
- 1 large onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp course ground black pepper
- 2 cups romaine lettuce shredded
- 2 carrots julienned
- 1 tin black beans
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cups spicy salsa (see recipe in 'sauces & sides')
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 large avocado sliced
- chia seeds
- Fry the tofu, onion and red pepper in the olive oil for around 8 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, salt and pepper and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat the black beans and add the cumin. Set aside.
- Assemble your burrito bowls / wraps using ingredients (make sure to share portions evenly).
- Sprinkle chia seeds over your burrito bowl / wrap.