Vegan Rocky Road Brownies (Gluten Free)
These indulgent little squares of heaven are so moreish and chocolatey. Inspired from many chocolate brownie recipes and rocky road recipes, these rocky road brownies are definitely a must try if you have a sweet tooth.
Servings: 9 people
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk (we use koko unsweetened)
- 1/3 cup vegan plain yoghurt (we use Alpro)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 290 grams brown sugar
- 90 grams vegan dark chocolate
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 200 grams gluten free plain flour
- 45 grams vegan dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 110 grams roughly chopped walnuts
- 135 grams white vegan chocolate chips
- 130 grams vegan marshmallows (Freedom Natural Mallows)
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees c and grease and line a 8-9 inch square baking tin.
- Heat together the milk, yoghurt, vanilla and sugar over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved – be careful not to burn!
- Once the sugar has dissolved, remove from the heat and add the chocolate pieces and oil and stir. Allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Once the chocolate mixture has cooled, mix this into the dry mixture until all is combined.
- Add the walnuts, chocolate chips and marshmallows saving some for the top and fold together gently.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and sprinkle the reserved walnuts, chocolate chips and marshmallows over the top.
- Bake for around 45 minutes, checking with a skewer to make sure it is cooked in the middle (don't confuse the melted chocolate with the cake mixture).
- Best served warm with vegan ice cream.