Vegan Banana Bread
Slightly spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg, and sweet with vegan chocolate chips - this gluten free, vegan banana bread is extremely moreish.
- 50 ml olive oil
- 4 medium very ripe bananas (black bananas are perfect)
- 100 grams dark brown sugar
- 225 grams gluten free bread flour or plain flour (we used Doves Farm GF Bread Flour)
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg (you can use mixed spice)
- 40 grams vegan dark chocolate chips (optional)
Heat oven to 190 Degrees C (Fan) / 210 Degrees (non Fan) and line a loaf tin.
In a large bowl, mash the bananas with the oil and brown sugar.
Stir in the flour.
Add the baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix well.
Stir in the chocolate chips if using.
Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, checking occasionally.
Check the bread is cooked by inserting a skewer and making sure it comes out clean.
Delicious straight from the oven... but also good when cooled if you can resist temptation.