Miso Noodle Soup
A quick, easy, tasty soup with vegetables and rice noodles.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 5 chestnut mushrooms sliced
- 1 inch piece ginger diced
- 3 cloves chopped
- 2 litres stock using 2 x vegan stock cubes we use Kallo
- 2 tsp miso paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 4 nests dried vermicelli rice noodles
- handful frozen peas
- optional: top with crispy tofu
- chopped red chillies / diced spring onions / coriander for garnish
Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
Fry the onion, carrot, mushrooms, ginger and garlic for 3 minutes.
Add the stock to the pan and stir in the miso paste, soy sauce and thyme and simmer for 7 minutes.
Add the noodles and peas and simmer over a low heat for a further 5 minutes.
If you wish to add crispy tofu, add this now along with the garnish.